As you tend to age, you begin experiencing discomfort in your joints that hinder the smooth movement of your hands and legs, and it decreases your mobility. This discomfort in the joints is called stiff joints, this stiffness or discomfort can vary in severity as some may experience it mildly while others may be more serious.
What are the reasons for stiff joints?
Stiffness in joints can occur for numerous reasons, but ageing seems to be the common reason for stiffness in joints. As you age, your Cartilage begins to dry out. A Cartilage is a spongy matter that protects the end of bones; it dries out with time. Your body also makes less synovial fluid, which acts as a lubricant that helps to keep your joints moving smoothly.
The result: When this lubricant dries out it causes a hindrance in your joints that results in stiffness and as a result may not move as freely as they used to. Synovial fluid needs regular movement in joints to keep them loose. Make sure you keep on moving your joints to cure this issue at the initial stage.
Apart from this, several health conditions contribute to joint stiffness. It includes:
● Unhealthy Diet
How can you treat joint stiffness?
Treating joint stiffness can be a little difficult at first, but before seeking help from a doctor, try understanding the root cause and treat it accordingly. Here are some remedies to relieve joint stiffness:
● Medications such as aspirin, naproxen, and ibuprofen are used to cure arthritis. You can use these medications to relieve mild symptoms of joint pain.
● You can also use cold or hot compresses to reduce swelling. The heat helps to relax the muscles and joints.
● Swelling and inflammation cause stiffness; so, to curb this issue, you can use steroids as they also help in reducing pain and swelling.
● As obesity is also one of the causes of joint stiffness, try exercising regularly. Regular exercise also helps to improve mobility and maintain a healthy weight that reduces the chances of joint stiffness.
● Glucosamine sulfate is a natural chemical that’s present in the fluid surrounding the joints. You can take glucosamine sulfate as a supplement to relieve pain and stiffness.
● Taking fish oil supplements is also beneficial in joint stiffness as it improves mobility.
Apart from the treatment suggested above, we would recommend you try out CBD oil from Bael Wellness. It is perfect for helping mental and physical well-being; it supports reducing inflammation, helps in joint pain and aids stiffness healing.