Moringa Oleifera may not strike a familiar name, but the sobriquets such as the drumstick tree, ben oil tree, benzoil tree might ring some bells. Native to tropical and subtropical regions of South Asia, Moringa Oleifera is used as an ingredient in many South Asian cuisines especially in the Indian subcontinent.
Wondering what does it has in store for me? Well, apart from the culinary facet of the plantae, it has amazing health benefits.
Here are 6 incredible benefits of Moringa.
1. Fights Inflammation - Inflammation is a common response of the body to anomalies such as burns, injuries, infection etc. Moringa suppresses the inflammatory enzymes and proteins thus reducing inflammation. Also the leaf concentrate lowers inflammation in the cells.
2. Lowers Blood Sugar - The powder of Moringa leaves reduce lipid and glucose levels in diabetic patients and regulate oxidative stress.
3. Neuro Enhancer - Preliminary results in some researchers have suggested Moringa can treat Alzheimer’s as it is rich in antioxidants and is a neuro-enhancer. Moringa normalizes neurotransmitters such as serotonin, dopamine, and noradrenaline in the brain, which are responsible for memory, regulates mood, and organ function.
4. Protects Liver - Moringa leaves contain high levels of polyphenols. These phytochemicals protect the liver against oxidation and toxicity. Moringa oil restore the enzymes in liver to normal levels thus reducing oxidative stress and increases protein content.
5. Improves Cardiovascular Health - Moringa reduces cardiovascular risks as it contains high concentration of potassium that helps in keeping the blood pressure at normal level. Moringa also is rich in minerals such as Magnesium, Zinc and Vitamin E which help in relaxing blood vessels.
6. Great for Skin - A great option to keep your skin healthy is using Moringa powder. It can be effective against certain types of acnes such as acne rosocca, acne tarda and acne vulgaris as it is packed with Vitamins A, C and B-Complex and fatty acids.
For all such great benefits of Moringa, make Moringa part of your daily life.