When you wake up one morning and find a zit at the corner of your mouth and one at the top of your nose, how frustrating it is, your skin produces oil, which is to lubricate the skin and hair, but the issue arises when this oil tends to block your skin pores causing acne.
Do you feel you have tried everything to cure your acne? We know sometimes it seems that nothing is going to work on your skin. But, you need to understand the root cause of acne and work accordingly to reduce it. Let’s take a look at the common causes of acne:
Causes of Acne
When we talk about acne causes, then there are several factors contributing to this condition of your skin and not just the one thing. Here are some factors that take a serious toll on your skin:
Food: Excessive amounts of greasy and junk food and a high carbohydrate diet, including milk, let your skin cells overproduce sebum. This sebum clogs the pores of your skin and aggravates the condition of acne.
Dirt: Dirt and blackheads on your skin can also cause acne. However, blackheads are not dirt; it is the oxidized oil that contributes to this condition. Moreover, sweat also is not responsible for causing acne; instead, it is produced from entirely separate glands.
Stress: Stress is common in today’s generation and causes hormonal changes in your body, which results in acne later on. Moreover, some people tend to prick these pimples, and due to a busy schedule, they aren’t able to take care, which further irritates the skin, causing the skin to worsen.
Heredity: If you have seen your parents with severe acne, you will also get acne, which would be difficult to control. You will need medical supervision to cure such acne.
Medication: If you are already on some medication that contains iodides, bromides, or oral or injected steroids, you are likely to catch acne. Moreover, people who are on anticonvulsant medications and lithium have a higher chance of getting acne.
These are some of the common causes of acne that people may not be aware of. At some point in time, people do get acne; however, the degree may vary; it could be either severe or mild depending on their routine and habits. To stop the severe acne from flaring suddenly, here are some remedies you should try:
- Indulge in a straightforward treatment created by the dermatologist and follow all the instructions without a miss.
- Wash your face at least thrice a day and consume 6-8 glasses of water to flush out the toxins from the body. It will promote healthy glowing skin and reduces acne gradually.
- Stop scrubbing the skin and other acne-prone skin as it may irritate the skin and worsen the condition further.
- Use skin cosmetics that are natural and don’t clog your pores. Use creams that are gel or water-based; avoid using oil-based products on your skin.
- Keep your surroundings clean as you don’t know from where your skin may catch germs that may, later on, come out in the form of pimples on your skin. Make sure you wash your pillowcases, bed sheets, hats, and other high touch objects regularly.
- Make healthy lifestyle changes by relying on the consumption of fresh food, exercising daily, completing 8 hours of sleep, and following a proper routine.
- Make sure you visit an esthetician or a beautician who can safely remove blackheads during a facial.
- Reduce excess oil with the help of a gentle astringent or a toner. You can also use glycolic acid, which will help to peel off the superficial layer of your skin.
- You can also apply topical creams on the affected area to reduce acne such as retinol, which contains vitamin A known for skin peeling. Also, use antibacterial cleansers like benzoyl peroxide.
- Stick to cleansing, toning, and moisturizing. Make sure you use mild cleansers on your skin that doesn’t irritate your skin. Also, use gentle exfoliants that contain salicylic acid and masks, which are natural.
One such mask is Bentonite Clay with Turmeric & Cloves Powder from Bael Wellness. It contains Indian Healing Clay, Fullers Earth Powder for Facial Mask, Hair, Bath & Spa. Made from organic ingredients, it cleans impurities and helps treat acne, blackheads, make skin tone even, and provide smoother and vital skin & hair.
Moreover, the clove used in the powder combined with Bentonite clay helps rejuvenate aging skin and reduce the scars and blemishes. It provides a 3 step skin cleansing, an antioxidant & natural antiseptic that may help treat any adverse effects on the skin, including blackheads due to germs.