Earaches can be downright painful and irritating due to the constant throbbing that is caused by the ear infection. Such infections can also induce fever and loss of hearing (temporary loss). While adults may be able to manage this better, kids often tug at their ears, leading to complications. The first thing that needs to be done after the diagnosis of an earache is to leave it alone. Oils create a proper coating on the inner ear walls which treats the infection in a better manner.
- Pressure changes (when travelling via flights)
- Excessive build-up of wax
- Onset of sinus infection
- Trapped water or shampoo in the ear
- Presence of foreign object in the ear
- Using cotton swabs for cleaning the ear
There are some not-so-common causes as well such as TMJ syndrome, infected tooth, eczema in the ear canal and perforated eardrum which cause ear aches. Serious infections or pain should be checked by a medical professional in order to ascertain the problem that the person is experiencing.Using Tea Tree Oil to Treat Earaches
Tea tree is capable of treat common ear aches, especially the ones that arise due to infection. Since tea tree oil is anti-bacterial in nature and kills all the infection causing bacteria that exists in the ear. However, do not make the mistake of using tea tree oil in its pure form. The oil needs to be diluted to the point that it can be used safely without any skin irritation arising from its usage.
The tea tree oil can be used with another oil (carrier) or it can be mixed with 50/50 alcohol and vinegar. The latter not only kills the bacteria, but also soothes the pain. The solution does work without the oil, but adding the tea tree oil makes it really effective. The best way to treat earaches by using this tea tree oil infused solution is to dip a cotton swab in it and then swab it inside the ears. The solution will work its way slowly into the ear and heal the infection gradually. The alcohol, vinegar and tea tree all act as antimicrobial agents to prevent infection.Prevention is Better than Cure
Why suffer from earache when you can prevent it! Earache can easily be prevented by following these simple tips.
- Dry the ears after swimming and bathing to ensure that water or shampoo is not left there.
- Never insert foreign objects in the ear. If they have entered by chance,
- then get it removed safely by a medical professional or else you could
- end up hurting yourself pretty bad.
- Avoid allergy triggers, such as dust and pollen. These agents can set off an allergic reaction if you are sensitive to them.
- Avoid smoking and exposure to secondhand smoke. This can induce earache and cause problems.
If you are not sure about the correct way to use tea tree oil, consult with medical professionals or experts before using it. Also, it is important that you get the best quality tea tree oil for getting the desired benefits from it.