Several studies have found that tea tree oil is really effective in curing respiratory problems when used with a vaporizer in a dilute state. It has been known to provide an effective cure for common respiratory problems like sore throats, coughs and runny nose to asthma, tuberculosis, and bronchitis. The interesting thing about this oil is that it is capable of fighting against viruses, bacteria, and fungi simultaneously. It is this nature of the oil which makes it a suitable remedy for curing sinus infections.
The aborigines had discovered the healing properties of this oil centuries ago and have been using it for treating burns, skin ailments and infections. They obtained the tea tree oil from melaleuca alternifolia, a plant native to Australia. It is rather interesting that the tea tree oil does not occur naturally in the oil form and needs to be extracted from these leaves before being used. However, the oil should never be used directly and in high concentrations, lest it should prove to be fatal. It should be used with carriers and diluted before use.
If you need to cure your sinus infection fast, then just follow these steps and you would be able to get good results soon.
· Take some water in a container and bring it to boil.
· Add a few drops of tea tree oil to the boiling water. Be careful not to add too much ashigher concentrations of tea tree oil would prove to be harmful.
· Take the water off the stove (or whatever heating medium that you may be using)
· Bend over a little and place yourself comfortably over the water so that you are able to breathe in the steam.
· Place a towel over your head and the bowl to intensify the steam. This would help you to take in proper amount of tea tree oil infused steam.
· Breathe in slowly, and breathe out after holding your breath for a few seconds.
· Repeat the breathing activity for a few times. You should feel any congestion (if present) clearing up and the sinus infection would have reduced.
Tea tree oil can be used to cure internal problems but it should never be consumed. Consumption of tea tree oil can be life threatening and you should never take such a risk. Respiratory problems are cured by adding tea tree oil to a carrier and then using a vaporiser to create fumes or vapours that may be inhaled. As the vapours come in contact with the internal layer, the oil works its magic and starts healing the affected areas.