You all might have heard about the famous saying “prevention is better than cure.” It stands apt in the current situation where the coronavirus pandemic has posed a serious threat to our lives. Little do we know the effectiveness of the treatment undertaken to cure the disease, but taking precautionary measures have seriously helped people stay safe.
What You Can Do To Maintain Cleanliness and Hygiene?
Here are some ways to maintain proper cleanliness and hygiene that will save you from the COVID-19 impact; so let’s begin:
Maintaining Personal Hygiene
When it comes to keeping cleanliness at a personal level, some really simple steps can save you from catching the disease. It includes the following:
● Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
● Maintain respiratory hygiene while you cough and sneeze. You can use your elbow or keep a tissue to cover your face when you cough or sneeze and dispose of the used tissue in a dustbin immediately.
● Keep a distance of at least 1-3 meters when you come in contact with a sick person
● Make sure you wash your hands with soap or hand wash repeatedly for almost 20 seconds. You must keep a sanitizer when you are out in case you touch a contaminated surface.
Keeping Cleanliness around Home
Keeping your home and surrounding areas clean and tidy is equally important when you are fighting the deadly disease. Disinfect high touch surfaces with detergent water.
Either you can use a wipe to apply the solution on the surface or spray the solution and later clean it off with a clean cloth.
The highly touched surfaces include door handles, table, chair, handrails, kitchen and bathroom surfaces, toilets, switchboards, mobile phones, computers, laptops.
Doing Laundry at Home
As the COVID-19 virus can survive for several days on clothes too, another important aspect of maintaining cleanliness is washing clothes regularly.
If you are doing laundry at home, make sure you follow the steps below:
● Clean clothes, bedsheets, and towels regularly.
● Don’t shake the dirty laundry as you return home. Instead, put it in the warm water with soap or detergent and wash your hands immediately.
● Disinfect the laundry bag where you store dirty laundry. You can also use disposable bags to keep laundry for the time being.
If you are doing laundry outside the home, then you need to be extra cautious. Follow the steps mentioned below:
● As you are required to stay less outside, make sure you prepare your laundry in advance and save time.
● Try doing laundry when there is less crowd.
● Practice social distancing
● Wear disposable gloves till the time you are doing laundry and dispose of them when you are on your way home.
● Fold your laundry at home and avoid spending time outside.
● Wash your hands immediately when you return home. Also, disinfect your laundry bag.
Handle Food Items Cautiously
Till now, there is no evidence of people catching COVID-19 from food; still, you need to handle food items cautiously and prepare your food in clean conditions. You never know that you may have been in contact with the COVID-19 patients, so follow the steps mentioned below:
● You can include Moringa Leaf Powder from Bael Wellness in your meals to boost your immunity.
● Use food items after 24 hours of receiving it from the store
● Clean the cans and bottles with a disinfectant
● Wash fruits and vegetables thoroughly
● Remove unnecessary packaging from the food items
● Use separate chopping boards to cut vegetables and uncooked meat and fish
● Refrigerate the perishable items
● Cook food with clean hands
● Use clean vessels and utensils
We hope that you will stay home, stay safe, and take care of yourself!